Not on my Watch!
At this time of year everyone is thinking about Christmas gifts. If you haven't already finished your Christmas shopping, I have a few suggestions for you to consider this year. Even if you have done your shopping, you might find some things on this list that would make good stocking stuffers.
If your children or grandchildren are looking for gift ideas for you, many of the items on my list would be good suggestions to pass on to them.
We tend to think in terms of toys and electronic gadgets for gifts for our grandchildren. Why not give them gifts that have a more lasting value and impact in their lives. I believe we need to encourage our grandkids to read more. That's why many of my suggestions include good books for them to read.
Here are my Christmas Gift Recommendations…
Books for Grandparents (and parents):
1. Not On Our Watch by Cavin Harper
2. Grandparenting With A Purpose by Lillian Penner
4. Men of Honor, Women of Virtue by Dr. Chuck Stecker
5. The Blessing by Gary Smalley and John Trent
6. Grandparenting Through Obstacles by Renee Gray-Wilburn & Dianne Butts
7. Being a Grandparent Ain't for Wimps! By Karen O’Connor
8. The Ultimate Gift by Jim Stovall
Books and Online Resources for Grandkids:
1. Daniel and the Sea Serpent by Scott C. Sheets
2. The Golden Ring by John Snyder
4. Action-adventure and Mystery books by Max Elliot Anderson (Tweeners & teens)
6. The Adventures of Grandma Abu by Martha Gonzales (younger children)
Subscribe to our Weekly Newsletter: Not on Our Watch and receive a free gift.
We produce podcasts to help and educate grandparents about issues and challenges with grandparenting. You can listen to past podcasts here on our website or on iTunes.